At 08:39 AM 10/16/2007 -0400, you wrote:

Well, believe this:
If you have the flu, you have no right to go out in public, much less transport people around.
Doing so is irresponsible, if not illegal.

So you are looking forward to the day when the medical industry has the power to jail - and even kill - people who you believe has some nysterious germ inside their body that you believe threatens your health somehow.

## What in Hell gave you that idea? I certainly don't look forward to any of this. Jeezo, get a grip!

I seem to recall seeing a movie some time back where this had happened.

That you "can" is a dangerous oversight, not a right.

Herr Ode - the medical hitler.

## Simple Simon, serial killer? [ I am not contagious!!  cough cough  Hug me! ]
I suppose you think you have a right to drive drunk too, ey?

You can refuse a vaccination, but then, stay at home making it "your" problem and not many many other peoples problem.

IMAGINARY problem.

## If you are isolated, imaginary or not becomes a moot point. Better Safe than Sorry is going to determine the action, be it right or wrong in retrospect. That's just how it works, not my idea.

In the case of "life threatening" pandemic, it will be illegal and you could "rightfully" get yourself shot if you leave home.

Yep - definitely self-defense. You, sir, are a Hitler in the making.

If by chance the vaccination doesn't work, at least you've taken the steps than can be taken to prevent transmission, vs, no steps at all...or anti-steps.

Yes - but what if *I* believe that doing a voodoo dance while sacrificing someone named 'Ode' to the germ-gods is a legitimate 'step that can be taken to prevent transmission'... do you not see the slippery slope we are talking about here?

##  You can do all the dances you want, at home.
 The public may take exception.

THE GERM IS NOTHING - THE TERRAIN IS EVERYTHING.

##  terrain?  Define it.
Is that "immune system"?
 If so..and it's working..there's no problem to be solved.
Is "terrain" vector busting distance?
 Quaratine is a solution...for everyone but the quarantined.

That some vaccinations might not work "as advertised" doesn't mean none do, at least, "something".

And such 'evidence' GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SHOOT PEOPLE?

## No, the evidence of vectors gives people the right to act in self preservation and that's what they'll do regardless of your or my opinions about anything.

Why do YOU think people get sick and how do they communicate that illness?
 Not germs getting by defenses?  OK, spell it out.
A million scientists with repeatable evidence knows all, or nothing and nothing in between....and you know all.

Ode

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>