TJ wrote:
> Buy a Canadian silver maple leaf.  Make enough wire for a thousand
> gallons.

Or buy "fine" or "extra-fine" silver wire from a jewelry supply. You
must specify "fine" silver, though, and *not* sterling, as they sell
both.

"Fine" silver is .999 purity, also called 99.9% pure, or 3-nines (3N)
pure. That's the minimum purity you want to use.

Also, there are online sources for pure silver wire, at least one of
which frequents this list. You'll probably hear about or from him
shortly.

Don't use Sterling. Don't use silverware. <shudder>

Be well,

Mike D.