Wayne Fugitt wrote:
Morning Mike,

>>At 06:26 AM 12/28/2007, you wrote:
Yep, I bet this is from the early "3-nines and a pinch of salt" recipe.

  You almost used the term,  "Early Method" but not quite.

Many early methods existed long before this. If you break it down into 100 year
periods,  you might find "First Methods".

The story mentions him starting to use CS 14 years ago. There wasn't any other method used back then, was there?

Actually, I never read the term, "pinch of Salt" anywhere other than on this list.

The term itself upsets me, because it is not an accepted unit of measure or anything else.

I think it was "stupid water" and a "stupid man" that caused Argyria, not any specific recipe at all.
Could be. Where does he live? I was just told that California forces distilled water producers to put 15 ppm of minerals into the water before it can be sold. I had never heard this.before. If true, we do need to warn our list members who live in California.

Marshall Dudley