At 10:11 AM 1/11/2008, you wrote:
the chloride is easy to get and very cheap compared to the gluconate, which comes in 99mg tablets in a bottle.

You can buy both in Bulk,  One pound or many.

Many different grades exist, and some will tell you the impurities. Likely all supplements have some impurities also but they do not tell us.

This man likely know more than anyone in the world about
Potassium.   "Charles Weber"
http://www.ithyroid.com/potassium_and_copper.htm

He has many web pages.  The one above touches on copper also.

Everyone seems to be concerned about too much copper.
Something must be badly wrong with the body of they would not have too much.

Still, ....... they better be worried about "Not Enough" or not any. That is........... bad news, very bad news.

I still say, the human body is as intelligent as a plant.
At at certain stages of plant growth, I increase the potassium from 250 ppm to 400 and 450 ppm.

Never saw it hurt any plant. They simply take what they want and let the rest go by.

I also increase magnesium beyond what the best scientists recommend. I accomplish wonders with the plants.

Nitrogen is a different story,  caution is the word.
At specific stages, too much nitrogen is a disaster. It does not kill them. The plants will produce ALL female Flowers.
Go figure what happens !   <grin>

Everyone monkeys around with the body but they do not treat it like a plant.

If one can't grow a plant, ........ what in heavens name makes them think they can grow a body ?

All the major minerals are important for plants and animals.
Scientists knew about the importance of trace minerals for plants, ...........
long before they gave a hoot about the importance for the body, ........ it seems to me.

Don't pick on just one, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, or anything else. Not copper for sure, or any others.

Which potassium is best, chloride or gluconate?  Thanks.

Do you take the best of Everything ?  Who Cares ?
Take some of both and forget it.
Or........ eat your wheaties and leave it to nature to decided.

Wayne