This is an interesting point. I have only found one brand of sea salt that is iodized, Hain, and it also has dextrose added to it. I started using a brand called RealSalt since it does have some iodine in it naturally. I tried some iodine tincture on my skin a couple of times. The first time it went in completely overnight, this was before I switched salt brands. The next time I did it, the stain did not go away very quickly, it was there for a couple of weeks.

Kelp is a good source of all kinds of minerals, esp magnesium. I used to take it and eat seaweed often, but then when I began having problems with too much magnesium, I had to quit both before my leg cramps would settle down.

There is another concern about iodine, which is that bromine is often added to foods, like flour instead of iodine, and the bromine is taken up by the body instead of iodine. That can cause an iodine deficiency even if one is eating iodized salt.