--- joe bloggs <whatserna...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Arnold, you say the world wants to be deceived, so
> let it be deceived.  I
> disagree and find your low opinion of the human race
> rather sad.
>
> Frankie

Sad, yes.  But, sad does not necessarily make it any
less true.

Saw a young guy buying cases of diet soda.  I said,
hey, that stuff will kill ya.  He said, its not for
me, its for my father.   Another fella, his younger
brother then said, my Dad has Diabetes.

Do you think....if the youngster told his Dad, hey, a
lady told me this diet stuff will kill ya, (Dad, a
diabetic, who by now, were he actually a living,
breathing human even remotely familiar with news) will
take heed, possibly investigate what some strange lady
said?

Nah. Probably gotta have his Soda, one way or another.
Not an isolated incident or unfortunate set of
circumstances. I know people who know better, are
intelligent and informed and guess what, they're going
to keep buying Splenda, low fat, and processed.

The rationale I often hear is....if one thing doesn't
kill be, something else will.

Ode is correct. The majority of people want others to
fight their battles for them. And when they don't, the
righteous indignation and victim hood take front and
center stage.

> Telly addicts unite!
> http://www.searchgamesbox.com/tvtown.shtml

Regards, Carol Ann ~ The only thing that is different is how you think..
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.