But sucrose is a complex sugar made up of glucose and fructose. When it is broken down, it give you 1/2 glucose, and 1/2 fructose. So would not sucrose have the same problem, but with twice as much of it needed?

Marshall

Nenah Sylver wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall Dudley" <mdud...@king-cart.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Bad Sugars, fructose, and Others

Why is fructose considered worse than sucrose? Sucrose is primarily found in sugar cane and sugar beets, but fruits contain fructose, which is normally considered good. Bees convert the sucrose in nectar to combination of fructose and glucose, which is also considered good.

Marshall

Marshall,
It depends on what "good" means, and who is considering it.

Fructose cannot be metabolized anywhere in the body except by the liver. The liver has limited capacity to do this. Any fructose that cannot be transformed and utilized right away is converted to fat.

You guys'll have to wait until I put up this article, comparing many different types of sugars and the sources, on my website -- unless you want to do the research yourself.

All in moderation. If you're healthy, you can eat sugar. If you're borderline, you have to be very careful. If you're not healthy, stay away until your condition improves. At least, that's the guidelines I would follow. And of course, no artificial sugars under any circumstances.

Nenah