From: marmar...@bellsouth.net
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 11:20 AM
Subject: CS>Totally OT -- but need help anyway

      I have an ongoing ant problem in my house.  In the kitchen, on
countertops, I use Terro ant killer -- but in the family room the ants come in
under the baseboards on the floor and I can't put Terro down because I have a
small dog that I'm fearful would get into the poison.  So -- I have to spray a
Raid product, which kills the ants but sets up an irritation in my throat that
lasts for hours.  I'm wondering if there is any *natural* product (vinegar
perhaps? or something like that) that will kill the ants but won't be so hard
to deal with.  For those who would suggest that I apply ant killer outside of
the house -- I've tried that too.  Nothing seems to stop these things.  And
companies that treat for home pests are SO expensive.  Any help appreciated.
MA