Sol, I wonder whether your skin's reaction to the Real Salt was in fact stuff
coming out of you.  When people doing Salt and C increase their salt, they get
all kinds of skin reactions, even things that look like paper cuts, caused by
critturs exiting the increasingly inhospitable environment caused by the salt.
Do you remember when Daddybob did salt and C in solidarity with his daughter
who had Lyme Disease, and found a worm exiting from under his tongue?  I find
that whenever I start up again after a break, I get spots or pimples or almost
boils around the hairline at the back.  I think this would be the same as what
Daddybob called "risings", but I guess you Americans would understand "risings"
better than us Aussies.  Sounds like a good ol' word there.

I have noticed some people get excited when they see minerals they are
suspicious of in the natural salts, e.g. fluoride, and sometimes stop using
them.  Not every mineral is in the salt, I think it is something like 80 out of
124 (memory work, bad brain, don't complain!) but some of them do have scary
names.  But they are not the bad stuff, they are the natural form of things man
has misused or altered or poisoned us with.   Here is a link to the Celtic Salt
ingredients with a note on those heavy metals you mention:
http://dowsers.com/Celtic%20Sea%20Salt%20Analysis.pdf

If Real Salt is like the Himalayan salt, which I understand it is, then it will
be very, very old salt.
RealSalt contains 50 natural occurring trace minerals like calcium, potassium,
sulphur, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, copper, iodine and zinc.
http://www.realsalt.com/salt_facts.cfm
http://www.realsalt.com/

Himalayan Salt:
  a.. Re-mineralizing the body with 84 minerals and trace elements essential to
health
  b.. Replenishing electrolytes
  c.. Balancing the body's pH
  d.. Improving respiratory, circulatory, organ, connectivity tissue and
nervous system functions.
  e.. Assisting in the cellular absorption of nutrients.
hydrogen, lithium, beryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, fluoride,
sodium, magnesium, aluminum, silicum, phosphorus, sulfur, chloride, calcium,
scandium, titanium, vanadium, chromium, manganese, iron, cobalt, nickel,
copper, zinc, gallium, germanium, arsenic, selenium, bromine, rubidium,
strontium, yttrium, zirconium, niobium, molybdenum, ruthenium, rhodium
palladium, silver, cadmium, indium, tin, antimony, tellurium, iodine, cesium,
barium, lanthanum, cerium, praseodymium, samarium, europium, gadolinium,
terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, lutetium, hafnium,
tantalum, tungsten, rhenium, osmium, iridium, platinum, gold, mercury,
thallium, lead, bismuth, polonium, astatine, francium, radium, actinium,
thorium, protactinium, uranium, neptunium and plutonium.
http://www.himalayanlivingsalt.com/salt_facts.htm#c
http://www.himalayanlivingsalt.com/FAQ.htm
http://www.himalayanlivingsalt.com/index.htm

Rowena

Real Salt does taste wonderful. Unfortunately I began to get a skin
reaction to only 1/4 tsp of it, so I can't use it. Wish I could for the
flavor though.
Does Real Salt not contain aluminum? Celtic sea salt, which I checked on
does contain aluminum, also mercury, and heavy metals, plus also nickel.
I forget if Real Salt contains nickel.
sol