Morning Sol,

>> At 11:16 PM 5/30/2008, you wrote:
Like what? And what misrepresentation of facts?
sol
I asked you a question, and you answered with a question, Interesting indeed.

>> Why don't you get a good EC meter and forget all the sales hype
>>  and misrepresentation of the facts.

Everyone wants a 19 to 29 dollar meter and expects laboratory grade results.
That is not the way the cookie crumbles and now the way the world goes around.

As I Have stated before, NO PPM meter exists in the world today.  Period.

There is a move within the industry to combine EC and PPM. They are catering to the unknowing
and the people that want only approximations.

True instrumentation is somewhat approaching a Science. No guesswork and no approximations.

Some sensors can cost 500 to 2000 dollars and lab grade instruments, much more.

I am working with a system now, designed by a chemical engineer, whereas one sensor, accumulated totals, and other fancy features cost 15 K. I am not sure the system will fly without a federal grant. Knowing the FEDS, they may give him the money. The control system alone will cost about as much as the total system. He wants this critter fully automated.
Several 3000 gallon input tanks and one 10,000 gallon output tank.
Sensors and instrumentation  are a very important part of the world today.
( Not TWO BIT meters that are labeled wrong )

Back to your question, below are two statements that are either half truths or
outright LIES, depending on how you view them. ( Many others similar exist )

I copied these from some TWO BIT statements about meters.

Again, NO PPM meter exists today, even if it is calibrated in PPM.

1.  You can MEASURE the ppm of the ions in your silver water with a TDS
     or EC Meter,

2.

A TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) meter is an extremely handy addition to your colloidal silver kit. It measures the initial purity of commercial or home distilled water, and provides a useful guide to the final ionic PPM (Parts Per Million) of your colloidal silver. Its also very handy for testing the quality of your mains water, rain water or bore water.

My idea only........... Pure Water Tester ? Why test Pure Water ? Seems bogus to me.

I worked in the 90 deg heat all day yesterday.  I guess it warped my mind.

Wayne