From: sol
Date: 17/06/2008 20:37:56
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Understanding Food Irradiation... in light of consumer
attack

I'm not sure what the total ended up being?
   I'm old enough to remember when salmonella was pretty common. In my
youth, "food poisoning" was not all that uncommon. My brother,
sister-in-law, and myself all got what I suspect was salmonella from
take out tacos. Gave us all a very bad 24-48 hrs, and we ran out of TP,
everybody too sick to go get more.  It was awful, I was the sickest, and
can remember it clearly, but not one of the 3 of us considered suing the
taco place, or trying to close them down. We sucked it up and went on,
full of pepto-bismol. I guess we were basically healthy enough, nobody
went to a doctor and we all recovered.
   That was a different time, seems like it was a different world, 45
years ago. 228 cases last I heard, out of a population of around 300
million. I'm astonished at the uproar, to tell the truth. Particularly
in light of the statistics regarding food borne illnesses on this site:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/Vol5no5/mead.htm
    In any case, I now have CS, and it has been stopping all
consequences whenever I eat "something that has gone off" for the past 6
years or so. One of the many reasons I'm very grateful to have learned
about CS, and to be able to make and take all I want whenever I need it.
sol