Speaking of mange.
I tried the vicks vapor rub thing on a pretty bad case and it was gone in a week.
Might just work on scabies.

Ode

At 11:04 AM 7/7/2008 -0700, you wrote:
Hi Brooks,

Thanks for your reply. I wrote about scabies using feedback from a family member that had them so bad it was driving them crazy. You'll notice the subject line asks about treatment but there was nothing mentioned in the text as to who had the problem. Many persons are cautious to mention personal issues. I do hope your info and mine will help the person who started this thread.

I do think scabies is definitely more difficult to treat than mange in humans. My recollection is that all dogs have mange but it is usually under control unless their immune system is compromised.

With humans, clothing is a vector and unless severe sanitation procedures are followed regarding clothing and bedding, the scabies will easily re-infect if the person touches anything that was touched by an infected person.

Trem