ascottsil...@aol.com wrote:
Hi Cyndi,

To the best of my knowledge peginterferon and ribavirin are the only things that have successfully been used to treat HCV. The cost is about $3,000 a month, the side affects can be bad and there is no guarantee that it will work. There are clinical trials going on searching for a better cure.

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/

I've had HCV 1b for 30 years and have been taking CS for about 10 years. I've taken huge amounts and it has done nothing to lower my viral load. I don't think CS can kill virus in vivo, at least I haven't seen any scientific studies that indicate that it can. Beware of anyone who claims too much about CS. It is usually just testimony from a salesman that cannot be referenced to a scientific study.

I hope this helps...

Andy

It's lowered mine over the past year from 14 million to less than three. However, the alopathic method wipes it out as fast as 4 weeks although the problem is that many times it doesn't stay gone. I have 2A if I remember correctly which is supposed to be a good thing. The doctor told me today that if I did go to their clinic I may be able to get by with as little as 3 months and at the most 6. I'm going to make a decision once I get the results back and I have a liver biopsy.

There are two other protocols that I've been trying as well. One is using alpha lipoic acid, selenium and milk thistle. I've been on this for 2-3 months now.

The other is oleander soup, home made. I took it a week or two, taking more and more each day. However, it killed the energy I picked up from the CS and the ALA. I stopped taking it for now but I will be back on it at some point. Next time I will take less and build up slower.

Hopefully between the three I come up very little if any results from the viral load test. We will see!

Cyndi