----- Original Message ----- From: <cking...@nycap.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: CS>TDS meter how to use

On 8/12/2008 10:55:30 AM, Faith Gagne (jitte...@gis.net) wrote:
But  why am I being overly cautious when the package specifically warns
about it?  I never would have thought rhat a reflection could damage my
eyes.  In fact I didn't even think about damaging my eyes with a laser
pointer.  How many people have thought abut it?  Thanks.  Faith G.

C'mon Faith!
 Number one... Common sense would tell you not to shine a laser into
your eye. The same common sense tells you it's imprudent to sit on a
stove burner.
 Number two... These are NOT high power lasers, they would require
licensing.
 Number three...They would be illegal if they were that dangerous.
 Finally, where are the bodies?  Incidents would be in the papers.
 Do what you're comfortable with.
Chuck.  Sanctimonious Non-Smoker on the Rampage
Ah yes, I agree with the rampage.  (grin).

Here's a surprise: Yours truly would never shine a laser into her eyes. I leave that exercise to my all-time expert Retinologist. But it is the reflecting warning that caught my attention. What surface reflects a laser anyway? The lasers I looked at were not on the shelves, but stored under the cash register behind the counter where you hve to ask for them, , and though they are not hiigh-powered they still contain a WARNING. Thanks. Faith G.