I have been following this thread with much interest, and we are Mac users here, for reason of career. But this has been a fortunate choice, since my other half hates MS with a vehemence rarely seen on other topics. I doubt I could bring it in the house and get any sleep, unless I needed it for work or something. But now Apple is becoming less likable, and it is possible that greed has sunk it's shiny teeth into Jobs as well.

I am very happy to read about how the "normal" computer people have continued to be the upright, kind and generous folks I used to always associate computing and science in general from my college days.

Kathryn