Well said Mike! I wish I could do as you have done, but it really isn't an option at the moment. If it is improving and becoming easier all the time, then there may be a chance that I can at some point, become a Linux user. I can't see that happening too soon though. At the moment, my computer is two years old and up until now, it has run perfectly. Today it goes into the 'doctor' to be cleaned up so when I get it back, it will probably be not as good as it was. You are right though, about buying new systems, because this is what I have always done. At the moment, I am using my Dell laptop which is five years old, and although it has a fair amount of memory, it seems very slow compared to my big computer. This also, has had to be wiped once because of another blasted worm, and I do agree about Microsoft security. And yet they are always sending updates every day as Faith said. Recently, I downloaded Service Pack 3 and then I got the worm! Brilliant! dee

M. G. Devour wrote:
Let me remind anyone lurking that, indeed, we will happily discuss anything you wish to about our main topic of Colloidal Silver! All that is
 required is for you to pose a question to the gathered members.

When such
traffic is light, however, I do not prohibit excursions into other areas of alternative health, particularly, or even the occasional thread about Operating Systems!
I've been in the process of "switching to Linux" for going on
four years, I think. It was the cost of four or five copies of Windows XP to replace increasingly decrepit Windows 98 installations that got me looking at the alternatives. Meanwhile a couple of copies of XP came into the house courtesy of my sons' interest in gaming and my wife's laptop, which has kept us going while I slowly climbed the Linux learning curve.