Ah, now this is the nub of what I have been trying to say! Well done MA - you put it in a nutshell! Let me reiterate: if I try and speed things up - by whatever method - I will probably compromise the CS - i.e. it will not be such high quality as the stuff I am making which takes longer. Is this correct? dee

marmar...@bellsouth.net wrote:
Hi Dee. I'm in the same position as you -- I'm not engineeringly savvy, and I don't want to be. I also have a demanding lifestyle, and don't have time to fool around with all this stufff. I just want to make CS so I don't have to buy it. I just wanted to reply to one thing though -- you don't _have_ to use part of the old batch to make a new one. You can if you want to, as it apparently speeds things up. But as I understand it, that is not necessarily a good thing because quality is what counts, not quantity. So if you have time to make a batch without time constraints (such as when you're sleeping) -- just skip the seeding process. If you're under the gun, add some from a previous brew to speed things up, but realize that it may not be the high quality of the unseeded batch. But most of all -- don't worry about it -- it's all good!!!!!!!!!! MA