----- Original Message ----- From: "Ode Coyote" <odecoy...@alltel.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: CS>TO WHOM IT CONCERNS.

[A higher voltage will "bridge" a lower conductivity better reducing the initial time it takes to build up current draw, but other than that, it's pretty much irrelevant to making CS.]

Morning Ode,

It's ok, I'm doing some learning about led's, resistors etc to try to get a better understanding of why it works as it does. I've been making this 'stuff' for ages now and not having a clue as to how it all works but have this drive to know WHY it works. I can get varying coloured CS with varying batches, (usually with the higher ppm content), and although I consider it is still good quality if I get a better understanding of current, resistors and current limiting etc at least I will know how the generator works as it does. The only way I will know that better is to get a better understanding of how all the pieces fit together, and why they fit together how they do, and do what they do. I make these units for family members and don't even know what the parts are that I make them with, I know what they look like, know how to solder them in, know which way they go etc but have no idea of what they are or what they do. DUH!! So...back to school. I'm not going to give up, just repeat a year maybe, no shame in that.

I have read so many conflicting opinions regarding colour, ppm, optimum amp ranges blah, blah, etc etc that the only way I will be able to satisfy myself of what I am doing and the quality of my CS is to study the electronics of it more myself, I prefer not to as I find electricity is a subject that I just have no understanding of...at all, (like mental illness, I just simply don't savvy it), but I can see I have no choice. As you said, there was nothing available to you years ago so I have a bit of an advantage there today. I've got all this information from you's and will put it all together with other material I am researching and I will see how I go. I'm going to step back into the shadows for a period till I get a better handle on it all. At least I have learnt one thing in the last 3 days here and that is I need not worry quite so much about voltage, it's the other aspects which play a more important role, and voltage will fall into place of it's own accord, as a secondary issue if you like.

See, you's have made me understand that if I knew more about how resistors, limiters, milliamps etc work, I would better understand how, and why, I get these differing colour ranges and differing ppm readings that I can use as a foundation, (I know there are numerous other variables involved also), but this will give me a base to build on. Yeah, I know, there are a multitude of articles I can research...and I have, and I guess will continue to do so, but there appears to be a little too much guess-work for me when they state it 'should be this' or it 'should be that'. That's not precise enough for me, but then again maybe EICS simply isn't that precise? Maybe I'm digging too deep when there is no need to.

I appreciate everything you all have given me and have learnt how much I...'still don't know'! Nevermind, it's all a learning experience I s'pose, and probably a continueing one at that.

Cheers...Neville.