To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: CS>OT > multiple chemical sensitivity and infections

Hey Peter,  thanks for the laughs, I guess alot of us have been there.
It cost me a great deal of money spent on practitioners to realize that
I was basically being poisoned and dying from an infection the drs
refused to treat (until I went to the environmental doc, who diagnosed
me). How much I would have saved in time, money and health if I had
only not been so skeptical of the alternative detoxing methods. Later
on after I did many hours and months of research I understood why the
detox stuff works, and how it related to my particular situation. I
wish I had been able to just jump in wholeheartedly with faith, but
<sigh> I am just not that type- gotta see it myself.

I had to start nearly every single thing I did to get well at a minute
amount compared to everyone else, due to my level of illness. I had to
start at a small dose and go up slowly. Even when I took the diflucan,
the first low dose put me in bed sick as a dog for days. So, I cut up
the pills and started with a much lower dose, and gradually increased
it during the first weeks. I was still in bed for almost the whole
month while it was killing off the aspergillus or whatever wide variety
I had going on.

If I had to do it over again, I would do much much more to bind the
toxins in the gut, as the gut re-abosrbs them continually, awhich makes
it very difficult to get well.  The activated charcoal, clays zeolites,
etc will help do that.  It really takes concerted effort. Plus, I just
love the sweating-I would feel enormously better after my salt sweat
baths, even if I did feel a little light headed.

There are some good protocols around, like at the yahoo groups
saunadetox and detox. I had a calendar and a checklist so I could keep
track of what I was doing. It helped me feel like I wasmaking progress
even if it was slow.

Best Wishes,

Kathryn