Sandee,
What kind of chelations did you do? I'm curious to see what happens to my nails as I try to get rid of excess iron. I hope they will clear up as the iron leaves. I never had them before I started using CS, but then I used to be on a very different and iron poor diet while consuming a lot of iron absorption blocking foods and beverages. And way before that I had the iron poor diet plus I had a lot of actual hemorrhaging with menses so that probably kept the iron down. My second rank suspicion is if not from iron or silver, it may be due to some loss of circulatory efficiency from iron in the heart. This is known to be one possible consequence of iron overload, and I do have edema in ankles and feet which would go along with that idea. I get the edema from time to time, and cannot find a consistent correlation with anything in my diet or my meds. Re soy, I was being somewhat facetious. However it is interesting that over the years that I have avoided soy proteins of any kind, as well as cutting way back on tea (fluoride) and coffee (I forget why), and not eating peanuts and whole grains, and a few other things known to block iron absorption my ferritin has steadily risen. I had good reasons for my dietary choices, such as the phytates of grains also block absorption of other minerals such as calcium, and vitamins such as B-12. And soy definitely interferes with thyroid hormone and function, and also messes up the s*x hormones, but I may have needed the iron blocking it provided. As in physics, so in the body............EVERYTHING has an equal and opposite reaction. Or so it seems. It has also been interesting to read that the body has NO method of getting rid of iron. The only way it can deal with iron excess is to stuff it away in body tissues, and its favorite places are the organs. Humans only lose about 1-2 mg of iron daily, through sweat, urine and sloughing of skin nails and hair and loss of the intestinal cells that shed back into the bowel. (paraphrased from "Protein Power LifePlan". The body hangs onto iron very tightly. I was interested also to read that the diseases that seem to run in my family are those that can be caused or worsened by too much iron, so I may have a genetic component too. Well, those diseases can be caused by a bunch of other things also, but I did find it interesting.
sol

Sandee George wrote:
Hi There Neville - I concur with what you said  -  I myself have had blue
moons on and off over my life
starting from childhood, all long before I started using EIS so both Sol
and I have some other factor
which is causing this and I do believe it is the retention of heavy
metals from some other aspect in our lives, I have had two series of IV
chelation over the past 12 years and every time I do this the blue moons
go for about a year and then slowly return, so it is something definitely
in my case to do with the way in which my body processes food etc., which is a contributory factor here - now what exactly that is I have yet to discover when I do I will let everyone know - however until then blue moons are nothing more than additional attraction to my hands !!!!! What I usually tell those who ask why is that I have a very high
iron reading in my body !!!!     I do believe that this is the case,
however cannot prove it as yet !!!!    I
am NOT about to use soy to find this answer !!!!
Cheers to all
Sandee