On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:08:32PM -0400, Ode Coyote wrote:

>   If the container is non reactive

That would have to include the lid of course.
:)

>  there is little air space and all you
> have is water, water byproducts and silver..which ISN'T photo reactive,
> then it has nothing to change into.

Yes, but litlle air space isn't zero air space, and your container is bound to
contain *something* besides pure H2O and silver ions.

>  You do get some silver hydroxide formation after a few days, but once
> the EIS has "stabilized", it stays the same, light or dark.

If it is perfectly sealed, perhaps. Otherwise no.

> If the EIS was made past the saturation points, it may continue to
> stabilize for a month or so and make compounds out of dissolved water
> byproduct gasses, none of which are photo reactive.
>  In that case, you'll see a visual change...generally gone yellow.

Actually, *any* visual change implies chemical reaction, usually induced or
facilitated by light or heat.

> You cannot make a vacuum in a container full of water...vapor will fill
> it to saturation.

Practically all commercially distributed carbonated beverages ship in gas-tight
packaging... :)

> If the internal pressure is the same as the external, there's no reason for
> any gases to exchange though a seal.

That is incorrect, fluctuation in barometric pressure does cause gas to pass
through, otherwise airtight packaging would rarely be necessary.
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I just can't agree with your premises nor
your conclusion on this one.
I'll have to stand by my original statement: You have not come close to proving
that your ionic silver solution was unchanged after five years, and frankly
it would be a miracle if you did end up with that result.

indi