BOILS: Go to the pharmacy and buy a tube of icthammol ointment, also known as 'black salve'. Apply it to the boil and then put a bandaid or small bandage over it, not too tight, leaving a little room so the salve can work. Change the dressing every day using fresh black salve and fresh bandaid. The ointment has a drawing action and cleans out the boil.

Black salve also helps remove splinters. Apply it the same way as for a boil.

I had a couple of boils as a child but that was a long time ago.  Faith G.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Fugitt" <cwa...@netdoor.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:06 PM
Subject: CS>Boils, A few Facts

Notice I said,  a few facts, not all of them.

I have not tossed out any Rigmarole lately so I fear,
Dee thinks she got the best of me.

These facts did not come from any book, article, or anything I read.

First, .........  an ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure.

Way back, I had a lot of boils.

I was young, strong and healthy at the time.

Here is some of the causes............

1.   White shirts
2.   starch in the shirts
3.   short hair cuts
and rubbing the back of the neck.

The bacteria are everywhere, door nobs, typewriters,
money, restaurants and hospitals.

So  I stopped putting starch in the shirts
Stopped rubbing the neck
Let the hair get a little longer

One could rub the neck with alcohol, H202 or CS or whatever.

Keep a good clean sharp razor blade handy.

The main cause was  IBM and their bogus rule of white shirts !

I will not say that boils are not bad. My neck and shoulders would be so sore I could not go
hunting or carry a back pack.  Bad news, any way you cut it.

Fact is, supposedly, a bacteria cannot enter a healthy cell. No, not one !
A break, or flaw in a cell will certainly allow the bacteria to get in.

Keep a small bottle of CS in your pocket.

Wayne

Rigmarole,  A state of mind, or a lack of one

a rambling, incoherent, meaningless  statement