Evening Faith,

>> At 06:32 PM 10/14/2008, you wrote:
BOILS: Go to the pharmacy and buy a tube of icthammol ointment, also known as 'black salve'.

I have some of that, a few tubes.  Never been opened.
It is good for many things I know.

Not sure it was even made back when I had the boils.

Apply it to the boil and then put a bandaid or small bandage over it, not too tight, leaving a little room so the salve can work. Change the dressing every day using fresh black salve and fresh bandaid. The ointment has a drawing action and cleans out the boil.
     Sounds like a lot of trouble.  Worth the effort, no doubt.

I usually leave them alone until time for the razor blade.

Wayne