Hi Indi,
I think we're pretty much on the same page; I'd argue that "we" are
indeed conducting that retrospective study, problem is some of us get a
bit single-blind in the process.  Preaching to the choir. . . . .??

Further, "Power corrupts.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely." There
b'God is an axiom that's stood the test of time.  However that is not
the same as claiming that every person - or even most within the FDA, or
FTC, or other feckless federal alphabetical monster - is corrupt.

Hardly moot; ever heard of the "Codex Alimentarius"??  It's probably
easier to declare silver a strategic material than a rose hip or orange
juice <g>  Also the case is both corruption AND ignorance;  I think
someone on this list once posted this quote from a scientific
investigator-innovator:

"First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they attack you.
Then they say they already knew it all along."

"... raid our homes ...?"???  Wouldn't be the first time.

Take care, Malcolm

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 10:28 -0400, indi wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:49:17 -0700
> Malcolm <s...@asis.com> wrote:
>
> > Well and good!
> >  We
> > don't have the deus ex authoritas of political or scientific
> > regulation stifling our chance to find out for ourselves what works
> > and how it best works for us. Each.

Yet.