Once a "nontoxic" liquid dish soap grew black mold right in the liquid. For the longest time I could not figure out how the black mold and mold smell was getting into all my dishrags and sponges. I could not get all the mold spores out of the soap dispensers so had to throw them all out. Just changing to a different brand was not enough (I went back to regular dishwashing liquid).

I'm planning to try some of the non-toxic alternatives mentioned in this thread. I do have a lot of "grease" to deal with, as we eat a lot of good fats. It can be hard to get the coconut oil out of my coffee mug. Well I guess the oil is gone, but the coffee and tea stains are more difficult if the beverage has had fat in it. Or so it seems.
sol