From: Bernadette [mailto:bernade...@pa.net]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:04 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>4 year old with mononucleosis

What a turn around for my grandson. Diagnosed with mono on Wednesday of last
week (and now not so sure). From a throat that was as red as Santa's coat
with lots of white pustueles - to a very normal looking throat with just a
few spots left over.  Still has a slight nasal twang with a cough every once
in awhile.

Had him on 2 tablespoons of CS about 6 times a day in the early onset and
now down to 2 tablespoons about 3 times a day.  He is also taking the raw
Coconut oil, with honey on top which he really does enjoy.

At bedtime I make a steam sauna in our bathroom and he sits in there with me
for about 15 minutes and then right into bed for the night.  It is good his
mom and dad are away since Thursday and returning tonight.  I have been able
to keep us the regimine with no interference (but with his mom's approval).

I believe everything working together really did the trick to keep Sammy
from getting much worse.

I want to thank everyone for their help and imput.  I hope his parents
continue to use the CS (which they use so don't see a problem with that),
however, when they see I have been feeding him the Solid Coconut Oil (even
though he enjoys it) not so sure she will go along with it.  I can only
hope.

Thank you and I hope everyone of you has a wonderful Holiday and a very
Merry Christmas.

Bernadette