That would be a typical allergic hives attack for me.
Try dropping the glycerin out of your mix and see if that helps.
http://www.pioneerthinking.com/glycerin.html
You could be having an allergic reaction to the glycerin?
I ahve a hard time thinking the hives are a direct response to the CS and DMSO, as I use those to STOP hives and eczema attacks. And yes, if you had chemicals on your skin, from any source, soaps, detergents, lotions, the DMSO could have carried those into the skin.
sol

Indi wrote:
I seem to have had a serious setback in treating my MRSA.
Until last Wednesday, it seemed I was sure to beat it using the Brooks
Bradley protocol of 75% CS, 10% DMSO, and 15% glycerine, topically and as a nasal spray. But on Wednesday aternoon, I noticed a small, itchy patch
of red skin on my left forearm. By bedtime, I was covered head to toe in
hives, and I still am. Also I am feverish, weak, dizzy, and short of breath.
This pretty much feels just as I felt before I discovered the CS.

Perhaps the DMSO carried something else into my bloodstream?
I applied it at night, put on cotton flannel pajamas, and went to sleep
every night (showering it off in the morning) for over a week before this
happened.

Could the MRSA have become immune somehow to the treatment?
According to what I've read it can't do that, but it seems as if it has come
back stronger.

Has anyone had any similar experience, of getting well for awhile followed
by such a sudden relapse?