From: Dianne France <dianne_fra...@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: CS>Bipolar disorder
To: "silver-list" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Date: Friday, January 30, 2009, 9:41 PM

#yiv271237649 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv271237649 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

I have been reading with much interest the threads about bi-polar.
My husband has wanted me to find more information out about the
condition.

My husbands father was bi-polar.  At one point he was trying to
sell the family home out from under everyone.  He was going to
take the money and run.  They finally were able to get him
treatment but if he went off it he went back to his paranoid
exsitence.  He would call us in Florida and would only talk
to my husband.  When he was on medication he was much
more normal.  He lived to be 95, married to my mother-in-law
until she died at 83.  To me she was a saint to go thru what
she did for years.

We also have a good friend who was married to a bi-polar.
They bought a large thoroughbred farm in New York.  She
appeared normal but wasn't.  We would go visit and one
day she would be warm and cordial and the next wouldn't
speak to anyone.  He came back to Florida to visit with his
sons from previous marriage and when he called to make
arranagement for her to pick him up at the airport she
told him not to bother coming home.  She moved the farm
manager into the house to replace him.  She was off her
meds.  He lost millions.

Knowing someone has this problem up front and considering
a relationship is playing with fire.  RUN.

Dianne