so there then. problem solved. I guess you won't be getting it. However, over here, there is infected wildlife everywhere. Dogs contract all kinds of things carried only by wild animals. They get it just when romping around in the backyard. In addition, one round of deworming or whatever might be enough to get rid of the parasite, and then again, it might take 3 rounds, spaced to catch the critters at the correct part of the life cycle. So there is plenty of room to suppose that people can get these things and also that current medical treatment might not be enough to get rid of it.

Please please do not reply back, "just wash your hands". We are just supposing here. kathryn

On Feb 5, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Dee Fitzpatrick wrote:

I would have thought that it would be very easy to avoid if one just washes ones hands after touching cat or dog faeces.  As I said, it cannot be contracted by just touching an animal, and that would have to be an infected animal.  There are not that many animals infected with this disease either, especially if they have been routinely wormed.  It is quite a simple task to just wash after doing anything that involves touching earth or anything outside, in case of infected wildlife as well.  Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: Clayton Family
Date: 02/05/09 15:53:01
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>toxoplasmosis

So one of the points here may be that it might not be so easy to avoid,
or that some people are getting infected without obvious symptoms so
the infection gets to the point that it is affecting the brain.
Another point is that parasitic infection may be MUCH more common than
is commonly believed.    -  kathryn

<<inline: faint_grain.jpg>>