Well that explains the lack of concentration and loss of memory straight away!
I've forgotten who the original poster was, but if I were him, I'd leave off
the Crestor immediately!  I had the same thing (years ago before the Internet)
and thought I had something seriously wrong with me.  I went to the doctor and
asked if the statin could produce such a result - thinking she would ridicule
the idea.  She did the complete opposite in  fact and advised me to leave the
drug off.  You see, they *know* that these drugs cause such problems but a lot
of people just put it down to old age and don't bother.  I know a few people
who have left off the drug for this reason, and also muscle weakness and nerve
pain, which are other side effects.  My friend has all of these but still takes
it - plus blood pressure meds when she didn't need either!  dee