I buy it by the pound from an online herb shop, but you could go to the spice Isle at the grocery store, or your local coop or health food store, and look for organic turmeric. They're just usually so pricey.

I fill my own capsules and take 3 1 gram capsules twice a day, depending on how I'm feeling. Bad days I take 6 capsules, and good days I can get by with 1. So anywhere from 1-6 grams total. It's not toxic so there're no worries there. If you want to buy from where I get it. The site is:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

99% of their products are organic. So I don't worry about pesticide residues and all that. Everything is labeled so you know what is organic and what isn't. But there's very little that isn't organic. The customer service department is very nice, and they have a phone number and email address listed. And I spent a lot of time looking for an herb store online that had decent prices. This place is the most reasonable I could find. The shipping might make it unreasonable if you live outside the US though. I live in the States, and I usually buy anywhere from 5 -15 lbs of different herbal teas, powders, and such, at one time, so I get a quantity discount on the price too. But buying that way saves me lots of money through the year. I'll be hanged if I'll pay what some places want for 100 or so capsules, when I can get a whole pound and make a whole lot more than that on my own for just a little more. 1 lb of organic turmeric is 5.00 And lasts me 3-4 months give or take, depending on how much I need to take. That's a lot less expensive than any vitamin shop I've seen, even with shipping charges added.

And there is an organic herb store on eBay named our4corners. Some of their stuff has better prices than MRH and on other stuff MRH has better prices. You just have to compare. I'll say I like the packaging that MRH uses better than our4corners. MRH uses heavy zip locked bags. our4corners uses black plastic baggies with wire those wire twisty things. And MRH sells by the 4 oz, and 8 oz size too, our4corners sells mostly by the whole pound.

Annie

Golden Aldi wrote:
I like, I like!! How much turmeric do you consume, and are you cooking with it? Or ingesting it directly from the spice rack?

Aldi