For anyone still interested I've found some tidbits at this site:
http://wildinthecity.ca/2007/11/19/there-is-no-more-lead-in-my-dinnerware-i-think

* By <http://yahoo>Claudia Kate on Aug 30, 2009 | Reply Canada makes the lowest lead content glass pots/ware from my previous web searching. My vision pyrex is purple in color and accdg to my research any glass with color has lead, i.e., the colors all have lead. San Francisco Aquarium recently shipped a glass dome all the way from Germany (made to order) because they were the only country that could produce lead-free glass; they were very concerned about the animal/reptile survival!!! interesting huh. * By MJ on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply BTW, anything made of clay/ceramic is going to have trace amounts of naturally occurring lead. The issue is the added lead (in glazes or added to the ceramic). This increases the lead to create caution for the consumer.

There are a lot of posts to this site, few references though. At this point, I do not know what to think about visionware. My glass top stove booklet says using glass cookware is not recommended...........anyone have a glass cooktop and use visionware?
sol