Sweating has been a tested and true method of detox and purification for thousands of years. It is not a new concept. And for people who don't have money for buying saunas, an old fashioned Native American sweat lodge will accomplish the same thing much cheaper. I believe there are plans and instructions on the web.

Build a frame, from wood, pvc, old piping, tree branches, or whatever, and cover it with layers of blankets or skins or whatever non toxic items you have at hand to hold the heat inside. And a non melting, non toxic container in the center of the structure to hold heated stones or bricks. That's all that's necessary. Oh, and do not use a pot or pan that has a non stick coating to hold your heated rocks and stones. Toxic fumes.

Oh and a spotter. Some people report light headedness, and hallucinations from steam and/or dry heat saunas due to the high temps the body gets to. I would not recommend drinking alcohol or taking anything else with tranquilizing kind of effect beforehand either. It would not do to go to sleep or pass out in such a high temp environment.

Annie
Control your destiny or somebody else will.~Jack Welsh

John E. Stevens wrote:
I have a Sunlight Sauna, a far infrared and it hits about 147 degrees F (even in the dead of winter...) which pulls a lot of toxins out of my body. Mine is on my deck outside, but it could be set-up inside, too. It runs off 120 house power. I've noticed it's also helped to steadily keep my blood pressure around 120/74 to 120/70 - which is lower than it was before I owned the Sauna. I use it about 2 - 3 times a week for a half hour each time. I've been using it for a little over three years and I personally recommend it. My blood/sugar always has been alright so I can't comment on that. But as far sweating poisons out - you betcha'.

John