Lisa:

My Sunlight Sauna runs off 120 house power.  My total total electric and gas
bill runs about $143.00 in the coldest of NY winters.  Basically because I
have a passive solar heated home with a wood stove back-up which warmly
purrs day and night from late November until late March.  It costs me about
$500.00 a year for wood - not pellets - I fear they may rise in price and I
can always cut and split wood...  I have a furnace back-up, too, but never
use it. I used to when I had to be out of town for a week or two years ago.
  I can't imagine my Sauna costs much more than a dollar or two every time I
use it - maybe less.  I bought my passive solar heated house about 20 years
ago - because I feared where energy prices may be headed.  I'm also
contemplating putting in a "wind -mill" to offset the electrical prices.
I've got the plans for building it - I just haven't implemented that yet.

My post and beam custom designed home with 12 foot ceilings (I'm somewhat
claustrophobic...) is insulated extremely well.  36 R in all the walls and
40 R in the ceilings.  The DR and LR ceilings are knotty pine with rotating
fans for air cirulation.  There is a main ozonated air cleaner in the LR and
DR and individual air cleaners in every other room. I find breathingtclean
air to be very relevant...  Ha...  Ha...

There's 150 tons of extremely fine Australian sand in my basement that
absorbs heat over the summer and through thousands of feet of tubing running
through the sand. feeds the heat back through floor vents with a fan system
in the winter - if I choose to use it.  It's a very cozy home with a digital
office, kitchen, DR, LR, a full wet darkroom, my musical recording studio,
master BR, a downstairs bathroom and a full bathroom upstairs.  All the
floors are either hardwood (oak) or ceramic tile (Kitchen, Bathrooms and the
darkroom).

I have a 1000 square foot deck (my summer living room...) where I have a
large colloidal silver water treated (non-chlorine and non-bromine) hot tub
and where my Sauna is located.
My deck is outfitted with all Teak deck furniture which I purchased many,
many years ago.  It doesn't need to be removed in the winter.  It takes the
weather super well and just turns a soft, beautiful gray color with the
weather.  I've had the same canvas table umbrella for at least 15 years.  I
don't like replacing things.  I'm not a "disposable" believer.  I like
things that last.  I still have a 1967 Nikon F that works super well...

John