Told you I could do the math right ... one more time:

200 cups, 50 quarts, 12+ gallons.  It's early... :-)

Dick

________________________________
From: Richard Goodwin <dickgoodwin2...@yahoo.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 7:07:38 AM
Subject: Re: CS>CS > OFF TOPIC FIR SAUNAS

Yow!  1/2 cup of EIS per gallon of hot tub water?

That would be ... if I do the math right ... for a 400 gallon hot tub, 200
cups, 40 quarts, 10 gallons of EIS.

I use it in our hot tub too, but put about 1/2 gallon into it (approx 400
gallons of hot tub water).  It seems to work ok.  Water stays clear and sweet,
and doesn't create any problems that we know of.

Here's a question:  Is there any good way to test hot tub (or other) water for
bacteria growth?

Dick