I was the same going through menopause and tried natural remedies to no avail. I was having hot flashes, couldn't sleep, moody, depression and very anxious. Talked with my doctor and he suggested that I take a short course of :Effexor. It was a miracle for me. Within a week and a half I was feeling results and I stayed on it for approximately 2 1/2 months and that was it. It was great and the only side effect I had was dry mouth but I sucked on hard candy and that solved that.
Good luck!
Donna ACS

I need some direction.
My wife is 46 years old suffering from depression, anxiety and menopause. She has been seeing counselors and she was recommended to again take an depressants. She has tried Wellbutryn once for a month which gave her bad side effects like headaches and anxious and the latest Lexapro which also she can not stand the side effects. They are making her feel even worse, then better. Lexapro has been making her feel nauseas and dizzy which are some of the side effects is what I read. I finally got her to think about the natural route and I am trying to see if anyone out there can give me some solid holistic direction of what see can take to help her feel better to alleviate the depression anxiety and the usual hot flashes and everything else that comes with menopause, without these side effects..Can anyone direct me. Thanks
Lou
from NY