Steve, please disregard my previous message.

  Some online  stores send emails encoded in Base64 as well, so  I bit
  the bullet and wrote a simple Base64 decoder for incoming email.

  Unlike commercial  or open source Base64 decoders,  mine  checks for
  the nasty viruses and trojans that can ruin your day.

  However, there really is no need to encode your posts in Base64.

  Base64 is  intended for transmitting binary files  over transmission
  links that  only  accept regular ascii characters,  like  TCP/IP. It
  increases the  file  size by about 30% due to  the  extra characters
  needed for  the encoding. This makes the files  larger,  which takes
  more space on the hard disk.

  Since the  posts  are already in ascii, there is no  need  to encode
  them.

  So if you can find the Base64 encoding feature in your email client,
  you might want to turn it off for others who may not be able to read
  your posts.

  Think of the people who may want to browse the archives,  but cannot
  read your posts since they use readers that cannot decode Base64.

  Best Regards,

  Mike M.