Yup..and I think it was someone on this list that made the original inquiry.
 Specific questions got a specific answer for a change.

 Quoting from Alexander G. Schauss, Ph.D. (John Hopkins University)

&you should be advised that we recently completed an extensive review of the scientific literature on the afety of silver, especially as it relates to its one known potential side effect, namely, Argyria. Argyia is an irreversible discoloration of the pigment (skin) caused by excessive silver intake or chronic exposure to silver by certain tissues. The amount of silver required to develop Argyria is estimated to be 3.8 grams per day.

That's the first time I've heard the "Per Day" statement and the minimum seems to range between 2 and 4 grams depending on who's talking, usually with no time period specified or considering any hint of an elimination or absorption rate.....which sort of leaves us with a few tough to define assumptions about *retention* being a huge factor.
 PHD [Piled higher and deeper, once again ]

I think I could probably swallow a One Troy Ounce Silver Eagle every day from now on and not retain any significant amount of silver. [Then drown in a pool of water due to having so much ballast...but it was da silver whut killed im. ]

It's that very lack of context that makes all the dosing recommendations I've run across [so far ] ....totally worthless.

Paraphrasing Mike D
 If it worked, it was enough.
Adding
If more still doesn't work, do that differently till it does, or try something else. ..and once the reason for doing it doesn't apply, forgetting to do it is easy...so quit.

..and there's more than one way to turn blue.  Being dead is one of them.

Ode