No harm in it at all, especially at the start where there are few silver ions to be affected. If you KEEP it hot throughout with higher concentrations of ions, excessive Brownian motion may cause particle collisions and excessive heat may cross oxidation reaction thresholds. I've found that so long as I stayed under 120 deg F, no prollem... others have had success at higher temps though...so "results may vary". [According to water variations]

I've just never made a batch at over 120 deg F that didn't go yellow, not that yellow CS/EIS won't "work" or is harmful in any known way.

While observing what ion tracks were doing, especially when the bottom of the particle arc contacts the glass bottom of the jar leaving black, white and shiny silver metallic mirror like deposits, it occurred to me that an updraft right there would prevent the arc from ever contacting the glass. I started preheating the water and that worked to make the water stay moving as the water cooled inducing convection currents, except the water would cool off before a batch over 8 oz was done.....just when the circulation of water was the most needed. I had a crystal display light I found at a thrift store hanging around and tried it. Hey! That WORKS !

I've used thermal convection stirring for many years since then, heat source, 6 watt "night light" bulb, center bottom of jar. Typical max temp after cooling balances heating, 90 deg F *under threshold* On tall containers some stratification of conductivity would occur, so I started thinking about how to keep the updraft velocity high enough to shoot all the way to the top, THEN spread out to the sides to cool and sink.
Looking at correlations in the "world".
"Chimney" concept, Power plant Cooling tower....both air and water are fluids....an inverted funnel has that shape.
 Worked GREAT, except for one thing.
Sometimes I'd get a yellow batch out of it, depending on what todays water was like.
 Possibly...Temperature was also being concentrated in the funnel base?

Switching to a 4 watt bulb did the trick.

Ode