When I ordered mine, the exchange rate was way in our favour, and it worked out
to be about £90 and then I had to add the £20 VAT.  I didn't think this was too
bad at all, but I don't think the dollar is that low at the moment.  I think if
it is $145 then this is £97 in our money, so you would have to add on VAT to
that.  I can't remember if this included postage, but maybe not.  I remember
thinking it was all quite reasonable (apart from the bl...y VAT that is! which
is the biggest con of all time!)  dee

On 1 Mar 2010, at 22:04, Kirsteen Wright wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Dorothy Fitzpatrick <d...@deetroy.org> wrote:
> It depends on how much it costs Kirsteen.  I order everything from iHerb
> which is in California I believe and the postage is as low as $4 if the
> weight is less than 3lbs.
>
> That sounds good. They charge VAT on anything over £18 but they include the
> cost of postage in that. I can cheerfully accept that - it was the extra £10
> I had to pay the PO which seemed totally arbitrary to me. They couldn't even
> explain it themselves - it was just pay up or don't get your parcel. They did
> give me a phone no. I could phone to get an explanation but it was a premium
> rate no so I gave up holding on before I spent even more than the original
> cost. I guess they get you every which way :-)
>
> I wanted to order the Silver Puppy but it's made me scared as I've no idea
> what they'll add on so I don't know if I can afford it or not.
>
> Cheers
> Kirsteen

Archives: