At 07:12 AM 3/4/2010, you wrote:
Ah, but GMO's ARE bad for you. Nature will selectively modify organisms over time... basically the fittest survive. For man to alter the genetic makeup of a cell by introducing foreign genes (from animals into plants for instance) is sheer folly, frought with all sorts of potential catastrophies not only for the flora involved (and others nearby), but also by the humans that end up ingesting these frankenfoods. Allergic reactions are just one of the potential side effects. We cannot adopt to changes quickly, it can take centuries. GMO foods have the potential of wiping out all living things and should be banned immediatly.

As I asked before and have so far seen no answer----my question is, since these GMO genes are now loose in the environment, what happens even if GMO use is stopped today? How long will they persist? Will plants ever "get rid" of these foreign genes, over 10 years, 100 years, thousands of years? I have seen no information on this at all, but I have read that ALL corn worldwide, and ALL soybeans worldwide probably are now "infected" with GMO genes. It may not be that bad, yet, but once loose in the environment, which GMO genes are, they do spread without further help from monsanto, etc. sol