It seems to me that once GMO genes are used in any crop, those genes are going to be turning up in non-GMO crops, because they spread from field to field via wind pollination or insect pollinators. This has already happened repeatedly where ever GMO crops are grown. I doubt there are any non-GMO crops which have the same crop in GMO form anywhere near that do not also now have those genes. I would bet it would be very difficult to find corn or soybeans without the GMO genes even if the grower never planted a GMO seed.
How far away does a non GMO crop have to be to NOT pick up those genes?
How long would those genes persist in those crops even if all GMO crops stopped being planted today?
sol