At 09:48 AM 3/6/2010, you wrote:
Sol, My vet agrees the itching can be associated with allergies, but first it was the DRUGS that kicked it all in to mess up her system and create the itch. The allergies, not knowing she had any, went full blown by drugs.

You miss my point. Regardless of the precipitating cause of any allergy, it doesn't necessarily follow that removing the triggering factor will remove the allergy. During my own 25 year history of allergies, when I have been in the midst of a severe attack I have often developed new permanent allergies to substances to which I was formerly either not at all sensitive or so minorly sensitive that that substance alone never caused a reaction.
sol