Thanks Tony!

After looking at the mange pictures, its now apparent to me, that Sheldon,
our Sheltie, had/has mange. She had it on her backside.

I'm ordering borax off the internet, since I have no idea where to buy it
elsewhere, in Germany, and will try bathing the dogs in that. That's
probably why we're not winning the fight, cause these little buggers live
right under the skin, and who knows where their little colony is... it makes
sense to soak the dog in it for a while, and then let the stuff dry on the
dog, without towels.

Aldi