  From: Kathryn Clayton
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 10:35 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Solid sodium chlorite mold killer

  Bad idea, Renee, if they have a lot of mold- mold usually releases toxins
when it dies, and sometimes those can be seriously dangerous. It is recommended
to remove, not kill mold, to prevent that.

  I have used a variety of things to detoxify ambient mold and/or toxins after
removal. My criteria for effectiveness was my personal sensitivity.

  Last time I checked chlorine in any form was not effective in killing mold -
it bleaches it, but does not kill more than the surface mold, which is why
removal is so important. It is also not so easy to find the hidden reservoirs,
if that is what is making her sick.  It is possible more info has come out in
the last couple of years that i have not heard about;  I am aware of some
controversy around the chlorine use also.

  Best wishes,    Kathryn