Now you're touching on a subject that I've been pondering for a while but can't
seem to find anything of value to read in the public domain.

You mentioned red laser becoming less apparant, but 405nm blue DOES show up.
I'm still curious to know if there are any methods of home determination of
particle size approximation using laser lights, red or green or blue or
whatever other colour which *could* indicate a particular nm range in the
colour spectrum.  If light can be used to determine approximate particle size
is it possible one can make use of differing laser colours to approximate
particle size in solution?

Praps you could help me out with this:

I got three red lasers,

(1) 650nm+/-10 maximum output 1mW.......{bright beam passing thru liquid}

(2) 650nm+/-10 maximum output 5mW.......{beam of lesser brightness}

(3) 630-650nm maximum output 1mW........{no beam at all}

Is there anything you can tell me regarding the differences in beam strength
between these lasers, all shone thru the same solution?  Particularly the last
one with no beam at all.

N.