Dee
Apparently the tissue is your problem, as the making of paper products uses
many unknown (to me) chemicals that could leave some residual contamination.
Also a grey color on an electrode is a plus as it shows a roughness of the
electrode which promotes better removal of the silver by having more surface
area. I would rather have the silver in the brew than on a tissue.
Dave