I know we've done this before but I can't get my head round it at all I'm
afraid.  My TDS meter reads 000 on my distilled water, which to me means that
there is 0 dissolved substances in it.  I mean, I know there is probably some
that are too small for the meter to read.  When I did my first batch of DW, I
ran tap water through a Brita filter *before* distilling.  The water then read
002 and when I distilled it again, it read 003!  I don't understand this but
assumed it must have been *something* in the filter of the Brita vessel.
Anyway, since then I followed Ode's advice and boil cold tap water (which reads
at around 255 before distilling) then distill it - pouring off the first lot
which comes through.  This finished product always reads 000 on the meter and
has always produced consistently clear CS - until this latest incident with the
yellowing.  I am convinced now that it is because I cleaned the rods wrongly.
dee

On 13 Apr 2010, at 21:06, sol wrote:

> [...]

Archives: