For a less toxic approach, try spraying them with d-limonene made from orange
peels.  This will probably do the trick.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christina Mattson
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 6:13 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Killing poison ivy/oak

          Leslie, i don't know right off hand, we don't have that problem where
i live, but you may want to find out if there is anything it doesn't like.
          for example i don't like dandelions on my lawn so i pour straight
horse manure tea on them, it is pure nitrogen and they disapear within a week.
In the past i have seen natural Herbicides somewhere on the web. Poison Oak and
Ivy are pretty hardy and Round up will definately kill them.
          I don't use it because i have a child and pets that roam around.
          Good Luck
          Tina

          From: Leslie leslie1...@windstream.net

          Do ya'll know anything that will kill Poison Ivy or Poison Oak? I
have a lot of it just taking over.
          thanks,