Most of our crops were not naturally selected by nature.
They were at least hybridized over centuries of trial and error if not genetically modified by gene splicing 10s of thousands of years ago. To date, no one has been able to de-hydridize corn back into it's supposed inedible wild form. [Why would anyone bother to hybridize something that's inedible for generation after generation?] No corn culture refers to any memory of such a grand project and accomplishment, every one of them says that corn was "given" to them. Even more wild, according to Loyd Pie, a DNA mitochondria tracing project revealed that virtually none of our domestic animals and crops have a genetically direct wild ancestor and the diverse tracks take a jump at a common time period.

That's a pretty crazy claim and I'll have to look up the reference to that study, but the guy does document where he gets his stuff and it's not from crazy totally unfounded belief town. The idea here is that maybe we just-don't-know where domestic plants and animals came from, one or two could be called a fluke..but hundreds?
 Gene splicing would answer a whole lot of Occums Razor type mysteries.
If true, that also says we don't know *what* genes were spliced in.
Could it be that the "Heritage/ Heirloom" seed is one at the beginning of the line of hybrids? The ORIGINAL ? But that says that those tomatoes were once wild, as is...but, they don't tend to "volunteer" past one season without cultivation.
You NEVER see a field of wild tomatoes "Heritage", or otherwise.
I have seen many wild chickens running around in Hawaii, but they have no natural predators there for those easy pickins chickens...other than a few mongoose which aren't there naturally. Have you seen wild chickens anywhere else that lived long enough to actually raise young...even with todays artificial lack of predators? The razorback boar is an interesting beastie....it changes with environment without reproducing. Does that mean it's a domesticated wild animal, or just very adaptable? Take a look at the Cheetah, a HUGE genetic anomaly. [Somebody wanted both a cat and a dog but couldn't have but one pet in the apartment...and every one of them is genetically identical except for a sex chromosome...a clone.]

Now think on this: Pigs are so genetically close to humans that we can use pig parts in organ transplants and we share many of the same diseases and limits in the natural environment. It is a common myth that animals do not as a rule have sex for pleasure, or alternatively that humans, pigs and one or two species of primate are the only species which do.
Could it be that WE are part pig? [We've "bought" part monkey... ]
 Many cultures forbid eating pigs...too close to cannibalism?
That's what cannibals say we taste like.
I've seen a few on two feet at Walmart, ey?
 Then, of course, there's all those "WASP"s in New York.

Just because Monsanto is a baby at this, doesn't mean they are the first to do it or that mistakes weren't made way back in time forgotten that humans adapted to with the hybridization of survivors. Yet now..corn and wheat allergies are on the rise as more humans artificially survive other rigors...de-hybridizing with *random* cultivation?
..getting fatter and fatter.

We just don't know where we came from and tend to ignore the clues, with what as an excuse?
 GOD created us? [And people believe He lives in the sky]
OK, just who and what IS that "being" referred to in the plural in our own books of records? ..turned loose from the Eden lab to fend for ourselves after several other "models" [ in evidence, with no direct genetic common ancestor any closer than a horse and a donkey ] didn't make it.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Cambridge>University of Cambridge Professor <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Mellars>Paul Mellars, say evidence from <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_DNA>mitochondrial DNA studies have been interpreted as evidence <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution#Neanderthalensis>Neanderthals were not a subspecies of H. sapiens.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal#cite_note-16>[17]

Are Australia and Madagascar actually abandoned ancient mad scientist laboratories ?

ode [oink..what the heck do we really "know" ?? ]